TIM Doctoral Research Development Workshop 2016
Call for Applications (due: April 22, 2016)
The Technology & Innovation Management Division of Academy of Management is pleased to invite applications for the 2016 TIM Doctoral Research Development Workshop to be held at the AOM meeting in Anaheim on August 6. The workshop is designed as an idea-, paper-, and dissertation-development meeting for PhD students interested in technology, innovation, creativity, product development, and related topics. Students may be at any stage of a PhD program, and similarly the ideas brought to the workshop can range from initial ideas of a paper or dissertation to a fully-developed paper.
The workshop will be comprised of a panel discussion of what makes quality research, as well as extensive time dedicated to round table conversations about submitted research ideas from doctoral students. Workshop facilitators will include a mix of junior, mid-career, and senior scholars whose research focus on TIM-related areas. Some of the facilitators have served as members of the TIM leadership committee or have been finalists of different TIM Awards including TIM Dissertation Award, TIM Emerging Scholar Award etc.
The workshop will be held on Saturday, August 6, 2016, from 2:00pm to 5:00pm. Participation is limited to 30 students.
As of April 6, workshop facilitators will include:
- Vikas Aggarwal (INSEAD)
- Oliver Alexy (Technical University Munich)
- Navid Asgari (Fordham)
- April Franco (Rotman – Toronto)
- Brent Goldfarb (Maryland)
- Kenneth Hwang (National University of Singapore)
- Alex Oettl (Georgia Tech)
- Florenta Teodoridis (USC – Marshall)
- Laurina Zhang (Western University – Ivey)
The application deadline is April 22, 2016. To apply, please submit the following documents to: email@example.com.
- A 3-page extended abstract (double-spaced) of a research idea that clearly outlines your research question, motivation, theory, methods/setting, and (expected) results. This will be used to form discussion tables.
- A CV
We look forward to seeing you in Anaheim, California!
Navid Asgari, Hila Lifshitz-Assaf, Florenta Teodoridis, Laurina Zhang (session organizers)