If you are an Assistant Professor (or post-doc) and teach or conduct research in the domain of Technology and Innovation Management, the TIM Junior Faculty Consortium is for you! The TIM Junior Faculty Consortium will be held at the 2018 Academy of Management meeting in Chicago on Friday August 10 and Saturday morning August 11 and is organized by the Technology and Innovation Management division of the Academy.
The Consortium will provide insights that you need to thrive in the increasingly challenging academic environment. It focuses on strategies for building a career and increasing impact as a scholar and teacher. It will feature outstanding senior faculty members with proven research and teaching records, who will lead three interactive discussions about how to balance the competing pressures of teaching, research and service. They will provide first-hand and detailed advice about how to build a successful academic career in a range of different institutional settings. Participants will also learn about strategies for publishing in top journals, and engage with editors of prestigious journals in the field. Most importantly, participants will receive feedback on their “research trajectory” from their peers and senior faculty. The consortium will also provide participants with opportunities for networking with new peers and senior colleagues with interests in technology and innovation.
The faculty members committed to the consortium include:
- Ashish Arora (Duke’s Fuqua School of Business)
- Diane Burton (Cornell University)
- Paola Criscuolo (Imperial College London)
- Stine Grodal (Boston University)
- David Hsu (The Wharton School)
- Riitta Katila (Stanford University)
- Georg von Krogh (ETH Zurich)
- Siobhan O’Mahony (Boston University)
- Joe Porac (NYU Stern)
- Ammon Salter (University of Bath)
- Michael Santoro (LeHigh University)
- Henry Sauermann (ESMT Berlin)
- Olav Sorenson (Yale School of Management)
The editors committed to the Meet-the-Editor panel include:
- Gloria Barczak (Journal of Product Innovation Management)
- Joshua Gans (Management Science)
- Conny Helfat (Strategic Management Journal)
- Olenka Kacperczyk (Organization Science)
- Keld Laursen (Research Policy)
- Jill Perry-Smith (Academy of Management Journal)
- Chris Tucci (Academy of Management Discoveries)
To qualify applicants must have at least one full year of experience as an assistant professor (or post-doc) in an academic institution and no more than six years of experience by August 2018.
To apply, please complete the registration form and email your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the header TIM Junior Faculty Consortium 2018. Our deadline is July 15, 2018, however we encourage you to apply early. We will take applications on a rolling basis until enrollment is full. Please note that we require participants to attend the entire consortium. Accepted participants will be required to submit a write-up regarding their research trajectory with tenure requirements at their respective universities for the Research Trajectory Exercise by July 30, 2018.
2018 TIM Junior Faculty Consortium Co-Chairs
Anne ter Wal (Imperial College Business School & ETH Zurich)
Gino Cattani (NYU Stern School of Business)