If you are an Assistant Professor (or post-doc) and teach or conduct research in the domain of Technology and Innovation Management, the TIM Junior Faculty Consortium is for you! The TIM Junior Faculty Consortium will be held at the 2019 Academy of Management meeting in Boston on Friday August 9 and Saturday morning August 10 and is organized by the Technology and Innovation Management division of the Academy.
The Consortium will provide insights that you need to thrive in the increasingly challenging academic environment. It focuses on strategies for building a career and increasing impact as a scholar and teacher. It will feature outstanding senior faculty members with proven research and teaching records, who will lead three interactive discussions about how to balance the competing pressures of teaching, research and service. They will provide first-hand and detailed advice about how to build a successful academic career in a range of different institutional settings. Participants will also learn about strategies for publishing in top journals, and engage with editors of prestigious journals in the field. Most importantly, participants will receive feedback on their “research trajectory” from their peers and senior faculty. The consortium will also provide participants with opportunities for networking with new peers and senior colleagues with interests in technology and innovation.
members committed to the consortium include:
- Ashish Arora (Duke’s Fuqua School of Business)
- Diane Burton (Cornell University)
- Maryann Feldman (University of North Carolina)
- Giovanni Gavetti (Tuck School of Business)
- Melissa Graebner (McCombs School of Business)
- Thorsten Grohsjean (Bocconi University)
- Deepak Hedge (NYU Stern)
- Karin Hoisl (University of Mannheim)
- Martin Kilduff (University College London)
- Riitta Katila (Stanford University)
- Karim Lakhani (Harvard Business School)
- Keld Laursen (Copenhagen Business School)
- Michael Santoro (LeHigh University)
- Fernando Suarez (Northeastern University)
committed to the Meet-the-Editor panel include:
- Jelena Spanjol (Journal of Product Innovation Management)
- Ashish Arora (Management Science)
- Alfonso Gambarella (Strategic Management Journal)
- Olenka Kacperczyk (Organization Science)
- Maryann Feldmann (Research Policy)
- Marc Gruber (Academy of Management Journal)
- Carlyss Baldwin (Industrial and Corporate Change)
- Giovanni Gavetti (Strategy Science)
To qualify applicants must be at least starting as an assistant professor (or post-doc) in an academic institution in the Fall of 2019 and have no more than six years of experience by August 2019.
To apply, please complete the registration form and email your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the header TIM Junior Faculty Consortium 2019. Our deadline is May 31, 2019, however we encourage you to apply early. We will take applications on a rolling basis until enrollment is full. Please note that we require participants to attend the entire consortium. Accepted participants will be required to submit a write-up regarding their research trajectory with tenure requirements at their respective universities for the Research Trajectory Exercise by July 15, 2019.
2019 TIM Junior Faculty Consortium Co-Chairs
Valentina Tartari, Copenhagen Business School
Gino Cattani, NYU Stern School of Business